Sunday, December 19, 2010

An eventful day with doggies

Today as i woke up at "my early morning" mom ordered me to give my doggies a bath. Simba was elated to hear the word "bath" from my mom's mouth and started following her everywhere to get a bath soon. He looked super happy when i was giving him a bath and showed every inch of his body (read: EVERY inch) for me to clean. In the process he also made me taste soap, slip from my slippers and got me half drenched. After Simba's it was Minchu's turn to get a bath.

Minchu is like other normal doggies who HATE to have a bath. Its an huge task for us to trick her every sunday to give her a bath. In the process of giving her a bath, my parents and brother have risked their hands being bitten away by her. She might be a 2 feet long dog, but when it comes to defending herself from taking a bath, she can take down a 6 feet long man also. So my enormous take to get her outside for a bath started with me coaxing her and petting her for a long time. Finally she when she thought that i could be trusted, i made her wear her collar belt and took her out. You should have seen the vengeance in her eyes for me!

After the bath episode, Minchu refused to come anywhere close to me and Simba was more than happy to have my attention all for himself. My fiance came online to talk to me on skype. The interesting part is that even though Simba was his dog, Simba gives him the cold-shoulder treatment now. Simba refuses to acknowledge him when he tries to talk to him on skype. Whereas Minchu gives him all the unwanted attention gets conned by him every single time.

Later in the evening when parents went out, both the doggies were sitting with me when the current went. I realised that their presence next to me made me feel better as i hate blackouts. But later it dawned to me that even if a thief walks in both these doggies are too dumb to help me! It's because Simba will be overjoyed to see another human being to play with and minchu will herself be scared to see a stranger at home but will try to shoo him away with her super bark. So i decided to stay safe when no one is at home and closed all the doors and windows.

Finally when dad called to say that he is getting chicken pieces for the dogs and i need to boil water for him to wash off the masala, i saw minchu throwing up. Even after repeatedly telling my father not to feed them non veg as they didnt look well to me, he went ahead and gave them. Right after simba finished eating his chicken outside, he promptly came inside and threw up on my brothers bed! My mom was aghast to see chicken pieces inside the house and lambasted my father for this whole mess. Finally it was concluded that the doggies were sick because of the new choostick which they got for them. Now after playing tug-of-war with my brother and me, both are blissfully sleeping with my parents in the room. Thus ended my eventful day with my two angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment